- Where do your search results come from?
- The search results for all lookups are sourced from our private domain database, containing 750+ million registered and expired domain names covering all gTLDs, new gTLDs and ccTLDs. We are constantly expanding our database, so our domain numbers are updated regularly.
- How often is your database updated?
- It is updated every two to three weeks, but we’re working on shortening that period. Therefore, please keep in mind that search results show the latest data snapshots, not real time data. If you need results in real time, let us know and we can make a custom update for you.
- What payment methods do you accept for paid registrations?
- We currently accept payments via credit cards and PayPal.
- Can I view a free sample of search results?
- Yes, without registering, you can use the guest access to make up to 5 searches a day and get up to 50 results per search. To get more results for free, you can register for a free account and make up to 20 searches a day and get up to 100 results per search.
For more results, you need to register for one of our paid subscriptions. To check all options and discounts we offer, go to Pricing and Subscription Plans.
- What are credits used for?
- Credits are used to charge your account for our different domain search tools. The number and price of credits depend on the subscription plan you choose. Paid subscription plans entitle you to a package of free monthly credits, which is reset each month. If you use them up before the end of the month, or they are not enough to purchase bigger result reports, you can buy extra credits at lower prices.
- If I don’t use all of my free monthly credits, can I transfer them to the next month?
- No, the package of free monthly credits you receive, depending on your subscription plan, is reset each month, so unused free monthly credits DO NOT get transferred to the next month.
- Can I purchase extra credits after I use all of my free monthly credits, or in case they are not enough for bigger purchases?
- Yes, you can purchase extra credits by clicking on the credits number at the top right corner of the page. Pricing for extra credits depends on your subscription plan. Extra credits are offered in packages of 100, 500, and 1000. Unlike free monthly credits, extra credits DO get transferred to the next month if unused.
- Can I use credits to buy DNS data?
- Yes, you can purchase DNS data in addition to the domain lists you request. It costs 15 credits per 1000 rows of domain results. Please note that the maximum number of results per list is limited to 3 million. If you’d like to request DNS data, please contact us.
- Are credits refundable?
- There are no monetary refunds for the credits attributable to you.
If you cancel your subscription, or DomainEye cancels your subscription due to your breach of our Terms & Conditions, then unused credits are lost.
If your subscription is cancelled for other reasons and without any breach of the terms, write to us and we will provide you again with the credits you’ve lost.
For more details on the refund policy, please check our Terms & Conditions.
- Can I upgrade or downgrade my subscription?
- Yes, at any time. Please note that any unused free monthly credits, included in your subscription plan, won’t be transferred to your new plan. However, any extra credits you have purchased will remain at your disposal after the subscription change. Please keep in mind that you can always use your credits to purchase services available in another subscription plan without upgrading yours.
- Is there a minimum symbol limit to use in the search field?
- Domain names come in all sizes, so you can search as short or as long a domain name as you wish. However, when it comes to our Trademark Monitoring service, you should enter at least a five-symbol word or phrase. If you’d like to search by shorter strings, let us know and we’ll do a custom search for you.
- Is it possible to download full search results?
- Yes, you will get a downloadable link to purchase the full results report. Please note that due to temporary technical issues, there is a report limit of 3 million domain names per search. If you need to download results above that limit, please contact us.
- Do you offer searches in bulk?
- Yes, we provide reverse services in bulk, such as Whois checks, MX checks, Social Stats checks, or other reverse queries. They are currently not integrated in the user inferface, so please contact us for further assistance.
- What is Reverse Whois and what can I do with it?
- The Reverse Whois lookup finds all domain names owned by a certain person or a company by looking for other domains that have the same Whois record, such as name or email address. This is very useful for identifying potential trademark infringements, conducting B2B research to find partners or resellers, doing market or corporate research, etc. Combined with the rest of our lookups — Reverse IP, Reverse NS & Reverse MX, they can provide helpful leads in detecting cybercrime, such as online fraud, phishing, DDoS attacks, etc. For more details, go to Services.
- What is Reverse IP and what can I do with it?
- With our Reverse IP lookup, you can find all domains sharing the same IP address. This can provide you with valuable information, especially when you use shared hosting. By checking your hosting neighbours, you can make sure that you’re not sharing it with any scamming or suspicious websites. You can also look for parking and hosting companies to determine which one is best for you.
Reverse IP lookup, combined with Reverse Whois, Reverse NS & Reverse MX, is a useful tool for investigating cybercrime, such as phishing, identity thefts, etc., as well as for market or corporate research where you need to compare and rank domains. For more details, go to Services.
- What is Reverse NS & Reverse MX?
- You can find all domains using the same NS (nameservers) or MX (mail exchanger) records with these two tools. This is useful, because Reverse Whois or Reverse IP lookups may not always produce the most comprehensive of results, as sometimes domain owners use Whois privacy to replace their name and contact information with the service provider’s, or use CDNs to hide behind assigned IPs.
To learn more about what we offer, go to Services.
- What is an ‘All Relations’ lookup?
- If you type a domain and choose the ‘All Relations’ option, you can get all records of that domain — Whois details, NS records, MX records, IP addresses (A and AAAA records), as well as a list of related searchable domains. Please note that all of the above records will not always be available for all domains.
- What is a ‘Related Names’ lookup?
- You can search a keyword or a phrase and find all domains containing this word/phrase in our database of active domains. If you need to do advanced searches, like searching for shorter-than-five-symbols strings, domains including dashes, or other complex filters, get in touch with us.
- Is it possible to find all domains belonging to a single owner in specified domain extensions?
- Yes, we are using multiple filters to perform a variety of advanced searches in our domain database, so feel free to send us your request and we’d be happy to come up with a solution. Contact us now!
- Do you offer archive DNS data?
- Yes. To learn more about the service or submit a request, please contact us.
- Do you offer brandable domains?
- Yes, we offer good brandable .com domains at unbeatable prices, based on our own enormous database and know-how. The list of domain suggestions we provide is customized according to your own criteria: keyword/phrase, domain extension (incl. new TLDs and ccTLDs), language, Page Rank (PR), domain history, etc. We also offer a free PR checker tool. Find out more at Services.
- Do you provide trademark monitoring services for domain names?
- Yes, we do. Go to Services for details.